Duration: one year internship contract
How will you make an impact?
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Job Description CS Consumable area:
- Provide a high standard of customer service support to Thermo Fisher Scientific customers
- Manage all telephone / fax / written / web orders within the divisions guidelines, relay price and availability of products to customers where necessary
- Respond and process all telephone enquiries as per the service level agreement
- Deal with customer complaints efficiently and professionally as per the service level agreement.
- Maintain and create new customers accounts
- Adhere to SOP’s, SLA’s and departmental training guideline
- General office duties required
- Competent Microsoft Office user
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have the ability to identify and solve problems and to multi task under deadlines
- Relevant customer service experience required, preferably in a call centre/office environment
- Must possess self-motivation , enthusiasm, positive attitude and perform as a team player
- Display attention to detail and accuracy in the work place
- Must demonstrate judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers
- Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize effectively
- SAP or Oracle knowledge would be advantage but not essential
Nature and Scope:
- This position reports to the Customer Service Team Leader.
- The incumbent is responsible for conveying matters of concern to the department manager either directly or via the CC Team Leader as appropriate. Incumbents will maintain the highest personal working standards and performance with emphasis on quality and service thus upholding the Company’s commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Must demonstrate judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers as well the ability to handle confidential and/or proprietary information.
- Job encounters recurring and routine work situations with occasional variations from the norm. Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations. Normally receives instruction on routine work, general instruction on new assignments.
- Accuracy is required in performing all functions of this position. Initiative and organization skills are extremely valuable to ensure good customer service.
- Must possess self-motivation, enthusiasm, and positive attitude and perform as a team player.
- Must have the training and ability to operate, set up, maintain, and trouble shoot various types of office equipment according to equipment and SOP manuals.
Matric or equivalent qualification
- This position requires repetitive typing, considerable interaction on the telephone and regular use of a computer.
- Most of the other physical demands are typical with those associated with an office environment.