CLOSING DATE:04 MARCH 2019
As a General Worker, you will be trained and licensed as an underground Machine Operator.
Part of the Operator’s tasks will be:
- Ensure machine is constantly in a safe operable condition (Completion of pre-check list)
- Demonstrate skill in the operation of machine
- Execution of daily tasks as per instructions and/or planned schedule
- Identification of any abnormal conditions and reporting thereof
- Operate 1 mining production Machine
- Applying relevant knowledge and skills of machines, tools and equipment to adhere to standards and production targets
- Visual inspection of working environment ensuring safety standards are adhered to and reporting any unsafe conditions
- Complete assigned tasks accurately and ensure working areas and machinery are clean and in good condition
- Function efficiently and effectively as part of a team to work towards achieving team goals
- Sensitive on how your actions affect the cost of your team, identify and act on cost saving initiatives
- The Sasol Group / Sasol Mining will never request you to make any cash deposits/payments as part of the recruitment process.
- In line with Sasol’s commitment to Employment Equity, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups.
- In addition to a pre-employment medical examination, some positions may require a physical fitness assessment as part of the normal selection criteria.
- Grade 12 / N3 / NCV Level 4 with English / Business English
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- SELF-MASTERY – Takes accountability for driving own growth through developing self-awareness, reflecting, seeking feedback and self-correcting.
Only applications received on the SMS system will be considered.
Note: Failure to provide Sasol with truthful information and valid documents will render your application null and void. If you don’t hear from us within a month (30 days) after the closing date of the advert, please regard your application as unsuccessful.