To execute the administrative process related to Project Management and perform procedural applications to process, organise, record and report on project and project content information.
- Communication of transactional outputs and queries in area of work according to policies and quality requirements.
- Contribute to the development & improvement of area specific standards, procedures and processes to ensure continued quality and service improvement.
- Contribute to the successful implementation of change initiatives by providing support in area of work.
- Deliver on contracted performance objectives and escalate unresolved delivery and quality issues to management and process owners.
- Draw on own knowledge and experience to identify and develop solutions that leads to improved service delivery and quality.
- Effectively plan and schedule own activities to continuously improve quality and service delivery in area of work.
- Report on transactional and process activities within set guidelines to provide timely information for decision making.
- Develop and maintain a database of documents, decisions and outcomes relevant to the business unit.
- Ensure that all project information is correctly saved on the electronic project management repository according to Project Management Methodology.
- Assist and support management regarding various management, contractual and administrative tasks where relevant.
- Comply to set governance and compliance procedures and processes related to an area of work and continuously identify and escalate risks.
- Drive own performance in order to achieve work outputs in line with required response time, quality and service delivery standards.
- Search for, integrate and share new knowledge attained through formal and informal learning opportunities in the execution of your job.
- Adhere to specified polices, standards and procedures to prevent wastage on resources and report violations
- Contribute to a culture of service excellence, which builds positive relationships and provides opportunity for feedback and exceptional service.
- Ensure client satisfaction by delivering a service that is consistent, seamless and error free.
- Participate in relevant customer / stakeholder forums.
- Attention to Detail
- Building Sustainability
- People Skills
- Problem Solving and Analysis
- Stakeholder Engagement and Management
- Conflict Resolution
- Functional Policies and Procedures
- Planning and Organising
- Project Administration Skills
- Project Financial Control and Reporting
- Verbal Communication
- Written Communication
Minimum Qualification & Experience Required
Higher Certificate (NQF 5) Project management/ Business Management/ Taxation/ Commerce AND 2 years’ experience in a project management environment
Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND 3 years’ experience in a project management environment
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- The ability to take all relevant details into account to ensure that a task is completed to required standards.
- Ability to organise, prioritise and, where applicable, delegate work activities to efficiently accomplish tasks and meet objectives.
- The ability to influence a wide range of diverse individuals and groups positively.
- The ability to identify patterns or connections between situations that are not obviously related and to identify key or underlying issues.
- Builds the capability and structure of the institution for on-going steady-state (sustainable) delivery for predictable results.
- Understands and applies project financial controls and reporting practices .
- The knowledge and interpretation of the functional policies and procedures, including monitoring their consistent application internally within SARS
- Knowledge of and the ability to use language in a business context to clearly express ideas and transfer concepts to others.
About The Employer
The Employment Equity policy of SARS will be considered as part of the recruitment and selection process. This position is targeting African Male and/or Persons with Disabilities.
It is the applicants responsibility to have all foreign qualifications evaluated and verified by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA) and proof thereof must be attached. Successful candidates will be subjected to personnel suitability checks including pre-employment screening, vetting and integrity assurance testing and will be further required to declare their private interests on an annual basis. Appointment is subject to a positive outcome of the relevant checks.
Putting our people first is an integral part of SARS business strategy. In support of this and our ongoing evolution towards becoming the best employee-centric employer in South Africa, our Human Resources strategy aims to create a high performing environment for our people by role modelling and embedding the right behaviours and values.