Closing Date: 22 October 2018
AECI is in the process of appointing 10 unemployed Learners to study towards a National Certificate in Freight Handling (NQF 3). The Learnership period will be 12 months in duration. The training will involve both theoretical classes as well as a practical component at this Complex.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Attendance of theoretical classes at the AECI Training Centre situated at Chem Park, Chloorkop one week per month for ten months.
- Undertake Freight Handling experiential training within a Logistics and Stores environment.
- Undertake Shift work and/or Overtime duties as and when required.
- Achieve competency in all relevant NQF Level 3 Unit Standards and compile a Portfolio of Evidence in support of this qualification.
Qualifications & Experience
- Grade or equivalent qualification with Mathematical Literacy / Mathematics – Accounting would be advantageous or NQF equivalent.
- Age group 18 – 25 years.
- Ability to work within a Chemical environment.
- Basic computer literacy would be an advantage.
- Team work.
- Attention to detail.